Carleton College, B.A. in Latin American Studies & Spanish
May 2008, Northfield, MN
CNN: Producer, Newsgathering and Entertainment
New York, NY, December 2011 – January 2014, Los Angeles, CA, January-present
Conduct interviews with A-list entertainers at red carpet premieres and movie junkets, develop stories, and produce television packages and online articles. Produced live coverage of the 2015 Academy Awards. Traveled to the US-Mexican border to shoot a documentary on the McStay family murders.
CNN: Special Investigations & Documentaries Unit
New York, NY, June – December 2011
Produce long-form documentaries and magazine pieces for CNN Presents.
TV Globo: International Correspondent Intern
New York, NY, April – June 2011; Produced live reports from Ground Zero following the assassination of Osama Bin Laden, and interned in the New York bureau. Lisbon, Portugal, September 2009; assisted with an exclusive interview with the Prime Minister of Portugal, José Sócrates. Washington D.C., January 2009; Joined correspondents for coverage of Barack Obama’s inauguration.
Reelz Channel: Freelance Writer and Production Assistant
Minneapolis, MN, October 2008 – July 2010
Worked as a production assistant for “First Fans,” and wrote weekly entertainment blogs.
ESPN: Freelance Production Assistant
Minneapolis, MN, October 2008
Assisted with sideline live shots and locker room interviews at an NFL football game.
NBC Universal/Telemundo: Freelance Production Assistant
St. Paul, MN, August 2008
Utilized Spanish skills as an assistant to Telemundo during coverage of the Republican National Convention.
TV Globo: National & Local News Intern
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June – August 2007
Assisted with national and local live news programs both in the field and in the newsroom, and participated in coverage of the 2007 Pan American Games.
KSTP: Local News Intern
Minneapolis, MN, June – August 2006
Conducted interviews, wrote daily stories as a line producer, assisted with live shots, made cold calls, and dispatched assignments.
- On-camera experience fronting CNN Red Carpet reports at Hollywood premieres
- Shoot with Panasonic, Sony, JVC, and DSLR cameras; edit video on Final Cut Pro
- Write and produce news packages for daily turns; produce anchor live hits; write anchor leads and vo/sots
- Research stories, obtain archival footage and stills, manage media, transcribe interviews
- Blog and write articles for the web; develop websites using WordPress and create photo slideshows
- Published print writer: CNN.com, The Marquee Blog, Minnesota Bride, Industry Leaders Today, MAP, Midwest Home
- Eager to incorporate languages and international journalism into reporting, and willing to relocate abroad
- Spanish, fluent: work & study experience in Madrid, Spain and Puebla, Mexico
- Portuguese, basic: work & study experience in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, Brazil